Palos Christian Preschool
Palos Christian Preschool welcomes children as individuals created in the image of God. We are committed to helping their growth and development and sharing with you the joy of educating your child.
Palos Christian Preschool offers half-day school sessions for children ages 3-5. Children can attend for two, three, four, or five half-days per week from 9am-noon. We also offer an extended day option where children can stay until 1:30 PM for additional learning activities.
Palos Christian Preschool is committed to helping your child grow:
We give your child opportunities to learn basic skills to build on for a positive school experience.
- We provide activities and equipment to help improve large and small motor skills.
- We have fun with music through songs, rhythm instruments, creative movements and musical games.
- We encourage appreciation for family and community.
- We provide speaking and listening activities and encourage verbal expression.
- We teach math concepts such as matching, counting, patterning, sorting, and comparing.
- We try to instill a sense of wonder and appreciation for God’s creation.
- We tell the message of the Bible through story, songs and prayers.
- We encourage healthy social interactions among students and between students and teachers.
- We promote children’s creativity with a variety of art materials.
Our daily schedule includes:
- free choice play time
- large group activities : Bible and music time
- small group activities: art projects, learning pre-kindergarten skills
- physical development activities: outdoor play or other exercise
- snack time
Palos Christian Preschool has been providing high quality preschool education for over 40 years. Our staff has a low turn-over rate. The teachers are Christians who are experienced, trained, and certified. Students receive individual attention with a maximum teacher/student ratio of 1:9. We are licensed by the state of Illinois.
Opportunities for parent involvement:
- Parents are welcome to visit any time.
- Parent meetings are held a few times a year to discuss parenting issues and give information about school activities.
- Fall Family Night is an annual event. The whole family is invited to see the preschool.
- Several field trips that include parents are planned for each year, such as Camp Manitoqua, Beverly Arts Center and The Children's Farm.
- Parents are invited to attend programs presented by the children at Christmas and the end of the year in May.
We would be happy to give you a tour. Please call 708-448-0212 for more information or email us at email@example.com.